Which Celebrity Lives Here???



Hint:

It looks like a mix of P.S. I Love You and 300,

"I wanted something elegant and gorgeous and at the same time rather masculine and raw," says Butler.  (Yes that is Gerard Butler's New York Home.  It is 3,300-square-foot loft on the edge of Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood.

We love that Butler, who worked with film designer Elvis Restaino on the decor, faced many of the same challenges as the average remodeler. "I knew it was going to take a lot of work to turn the loft into a place where I actually wanted to live," he said. "But I didn't realize it would be four years before I spent the night."









The kitchen’s cabinetry and backsplash were fashioned from leftover flooring materials.

Architectural Digest, describes the apartment itself as having "13-foot-tall mahogany doors; ceiling and wall frescos; plaster walls chipped and mottled with age; massive columns supporting limestone lions and crystal chandeliers casting spidery shadows."
Butler's description is more low-key, "More than anything, I use my apartment as somewhere to retreat and spend time on my own, he says, "New York is such a frenetic, crazy city, so I love to use the place for just some peace and quiet."

(Read More http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes/features/2010/05/gerard_butler)

No comments:

Post a Comment